From € 68,00
The Leaning Tower in Torun - was built in the XIV century as an element of a defensive wall. A 15-meter building bent over the sandy ground until a stable ground was found. According to legend, the tower was built by a brother of the Teutonic Order and the deviation from the vertical position was proportional to his deviation from the clause of chastity and sexual abstinence...
Today, no one measures the degree of our deviations - because the tower would inevitably have to fall down.
We can instead check the purity of our conscience. If, after resting the back and the heels against the tower wall, we stretch our hands out and we will not fall on our faces - it means that our hearts are clean. I assure you that few will pass this test. It's better to skip this point of the trip...
The Teutonic Castle in Torun - started to be built in the XIII century. After two centuries, it was demolished by Toruń townsmen and for several hundred years it served as a rubbish dump.
The fragment of the castle preserved to this day is, in fact, a medieval toilet. The so-called "gdanisko" served as a defensive function alongside the sanitary function. The principle of operation of the XIV century toilets was extremely simple. All impurities fell directly into the river.
Torun - Rafter fountain.
According to legend, a long time ago Torun was visited by a frog plague. The city authorities have promised a reward to whoever can lead the screeching amphibians out. The savior turned out to be a young rafter who enchanted the frogs with the violin and the listened frogs followed him far beyond the city.
Apparently, the reward was to be married to the mayor's daughter, but due to the ugliness of the girl - the mayor had to pay additionally the sack of gold coins to the young rafter.
The legend of the rafter is similar to the folk legend of a flutist from Hameln, but when the monument was erected in 1914, it was accompanied by great controversy in the Prussian press (Torun at that time belonged to Germany). It was feared that the legend of the Polish rafter could give the city the label of a city dancing to Polish music...
1. Transit Warsaw - Torun.
2. Torun - Old Town Square with Town Hall (XIII-XVIII century), Artus Court (XIX century), Monument of Nicolaus Copernicus, Star House (XVII century), Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (XVII century), Post Office (XIX century), Church of St. Spirit (XVIII century), Rafter Fountain, Arch of Caesar, Leaning Tower (XIII-XIV century), Grand Granary (XIV century), Monastery Gate, House of Nicolaus Copernicus, Cathedral of St. John the Baptist and St. John the Evangelist (XII-XV century), Dąmbski Palace (XVII century), Sailing Gate (XIV century), Red Granary, Bridge Gate (XV century), Teutonic Castle (XIII-XV century), New Town Square, Inn Under the Deep-Blue Apron (XV century), Catholic church of St. Jakub, Pharmacy Under the Golden Lion, Municipal Theater, Collegium Maius of the Nicolaus Copernicus University, Planetarium (XIX century), Okrąglak - Detention Center (XIX century), Museum of Gingerbread.
3. Transit Torun - Warsaw.
Total price for private guided tour with a licensed educator (6 languages) :
All tickets and fees included in the price.
The total duration of the tour: 9 hours.
Distance between Warsaw and Torun is 260 km / 161 miles.
Approximate driving time one way: 2 hours 30 minutes.
Time of Torun Tour may vary slightly due to the situation on the road or random events which are out of Organizer's control.
Żelazowa Wola village is located at a distance of more than 50 km from Warsaw. Here, in 1810, Frédéric Chopin came into the world. Chopinetto - as called him in Paris. Monsieur Pichon - as Frédéric called himself. George Sand called him Chop. Heine called him Rafael of piano. Liszt or Berlioz said simply: Genius!DETAILS