From € 25,00
Warsaw. Rainbow on the Square Savior.
Installed in 2012 from the beginning aroused extreme emotions.
Proponents of the Rainbow:
"(artist) refers to the long tradition of positive associations linked [with] a rainbow as a universal symbol of covenant, love, peace, hope, but also - in the modern world - LGBT emancipation movement."
The author herself:
"My main idea: to "Rainbow" was not involved socially or politically, to was completely free of any imposed meanings. Simply - to was just beautiful."
Opponents of the Rainbow:
"...but such symbols of abnormality, deviations should not be tolerated and should not be created for the money of all people...",
"If the authorities of Warsaw keen on putting an "art installation" to the glory of sodomy sin, so they could select another place - for example, the European Union Square. And then there is the guarantee that no nationalist will come on this square - because of disgust."
Until December 2014 the installation was flamed seven times.
Each time, however, it was carefully rebuilt and recently round the clock on the Savior Square station a municipal police patrol together with a police car.
In addition, the rainbow is covered by monitoring and in case mounted spraying system, which has complicate further arson.
Warsaw. Royal Castle.
Built from the fourteenth century as the seat of the dukes of Mazovia, its appearance it has changed over the centuries, and today it is a complete reconstruction after the devastation of the Second War.
From the sixteenth century, it was the residence of Polish kings, not only because of convenient location in the center of Poland.
Contributed to it the King Zygmunt III Waza (king from the column standing next to the Castle).
His alchemical games in the Wawel Castle in Krakow (probably search for the philosopher's stone) caused a fire and consequently led the King - despite the rebuilding of the castle in Krakow - to reside in Warsaw.
Today, from the Castle Clock Tower, every day at 11.15 a.m. is performed trumpeter's bugle call.
This hour recalls 1939, when, after German bombing, the clock stopped on 11.15 a.m. - on the burning tower.
Warsaw. The Barbican.
Element of medieval fortifications.
Built in Warsaw in the sixteenth century by the Italian architect Giovanni Battista from Venice, already at the start of laying the first brick it was an obsolete.
The immediate cause of its anachronism was the development of artillery. Varsovians were late about 100 years compared to Krakow, where the Barbican was built as early as the fifteenth century.
Over the centuries, the Barbican in Warsaw was gradually dismantled and finally with the entire Old City was destroyed during the Second World War.
It was reconstructed in 1954 using no plans or photographs, but the seventeenth century engravings.
Because in Warsaw during the post-war reconstruction was a shortage of materials, used old bricks from the demolished Gothic townhouses in Wrocław and Nysa.
Warsaw. Cemetery of Soviet soldiers.
Near of the city center buried in the area of 20 hectares, more than 20,000 Soviet soldiers who fell in the battle for Warsaw in 1944-1945.
At the end of a wide avenue erected a granite obelisk with a red star and the with monuments of soldiers, impersonate heroism and generosity. Currently, the statue is the most often devastated Warsaw monument.
A typical inscription written on pedestals by spray is an English phrase: "Go Home".
Apart from the illogicality of calling for rational behavior irrational things, many of the inhabitants of Warsaw indicates that a more appropriate place for this kind of act of courage - would be guarded by the police the walls of the embassy.
Your journey by comfortable car (1-4 persons: Mercedes E or VW Passat B8; 4-6 persons: Mercedes Viano or VW Multivan; 7-20 persons: Mercedes Sprinter) will start from anywhere in Warsaw, at time which you will choose.
For 2 hours you ride by the same car to all interesting places in Warsaw and you get to know them with our guide.
After completion of Warsaw Tour, our qualified driver takes you to any place in Warsaw.
Monument to the Murdered in the East, UmschlagPlatz, Tomb of Anielewicz, Mila Street, Monument to the Heroes of the Ghetto and Museum of the History of Polish Jews, Pawiak prison, Prozna Street, Nozykow Synagogue and Church of All Saints, Ghetto Wall, Palace of Culture and Arts, Museum of Warsaw Uprising, MDM magic social realism, Square of Union of Lublin, Szucha Avenue, Monument of Chopin, Belvedere, Council of Ministers Building, Ujazdowski Castle, Sejm, Ujazdowskie Avenues (house of the Giants, embassies), Church of St. Alexander, Three Crosses Square, Monument of De Gaulle, Palm, Communist PUWP Party Headquarters, Poniatowski Bridge (National Museum, Museum of the Polish Army), National Stadium, St. Florian Cathedral,Zoo - bears on the catwalk, Praga Folk Music Group Monument, Orthodox church, Ząbkowska Street, Brzeska Street, Vodka Factory "Koneser", Royal Castle, Sigismund's Column, Church of St. Anne, Monument of Kilinski, Old Town Square, Gnojna Mountain, Monument to the Little Insurgent, Barbican, Warsaw Uprising Monument, entrance to the canal (place of escape the insurgents), Krasinski Palace, Supreme Court, Miodowa Street, College Nobilium (Drama School), Archbishops Palace, Capuchin Church, City Hall and Slowacki Monument, Grand Theater, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Zacheta Gallery, Presidential Palace, Warsaw University, Copernicus Monument, Palace of Staszic, Church of St. Cross, Chopin Museum.
Total price for private guided tour with english speaking Educator & Driver :
All tickets and fees included in the price.
The total duration of the tour: 2 hours.
The first Tatars arrived to Poland in the fourteenth century. They fought both together with the Poles against the Teutonic Order, and against the Poles. Since the fifteenth century, in return for military service under the banner of the Polish king, they received lands.DETAILS
Żelazowa Wola village is located at a distance of more than 50 km from Warsaw. Here, in 1810, Frédéric Chopin came into the world. Chopinetto - as called him in Paris. Monsieur Pichon - as Frédéric called himself. George Sand called him Chop. Heine called him Rafael of piano. Liszt or Berlioz said simply: Genius!DETAILS